Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 January 2012

Distances

Today we went for another walk. Boring I know, but it's just a great way of doing exercise that gets us out of the house and burns those calories.
There are people in the world, who claim that no matter what they do, they can't lose weight. I know, I used to be one of them. I used to cut down what I ate, but I also used to cut down on my activity too and I have only just realised this incredible secret, if I INCREASE my activity level, I WILL lose my weight. It's not a revelation to many, I know. However, I used to think that going out and walking along would be boring as all hell, plus, I was always concerned that people would stare, make comments or just generally be nasty and negative. It all sounds like excuses and that's precisely what they were. The recent walks have been wonderful, bracing, due to the colder weather we've had recently, refreshing, because of the burn and, most of all, a great way of spending time with Boney.
The walk today was down a local bay, so we were right next to the sea, as the sun was setting with the wind in our faces, watching the seagulls wheeling about and the dogs running amok of their owners on the promenade. We have a certain walk we do down there. It goes from the parking spaces on the main road, down to a large sea defence and back again. We used to stroll it in the summer, taking about half an hour there and the same back again, today however, we got to the rocks in just under twelve minutes, rested for three minutes, then did the return in under thirteen minutes, so all told, it took us less than one way used to at a stroll. I've just worked that one out as I type this...lol...
Anyroads, on a completely different note, tomorrow, I start a new job. Looking forward to it, but so very nervous. Hope I can do well here.
I'll let you know, one way or the other, tomorrow.
Till then, dear reader, TTFN...

No comments:

Post a Comment