Total Pageviews

Monday 16 January 2012

First Day Nerves

As mentioned yesterday, today I ventured into a whole new career direction. Mildly terrified kind of describes how I felt. There wasn't that much to worry about though. Turns out, that I'll be the only one in my neck of the woods doing the work that I'm starting out on, so it's a little bit daunting. The Reason for this, is because the company I'm now working for is a new start up. I just hope that the current economic situation doesn't catch up to them before they can get off the ground, as I hate having to start over yet again.
Today, I was a bit of a lazy toerag and didn't do my walk as I had planned. Tsk, tsk! Tomorrow however, I'll probably end up walking my legs off, as that is part of my new role.
On another note, a former colleague of mine phoned me today to say that her company is now hiring and she wants me on her team, so she's passing my details onto her manager. So I could end up actually finding myself on another career change, sooner than I planned. That might not be a bad thing, as the company she works for is a well established household name, who have been going for decades. Far less chance of them falling over, I'm now just waiting on the call. I'll let you know what's happening there.
Anyhow, until next time, TTFN...

No comments:

Post a Comment